Feature Idea: It would be great to have deployment marker between canary deployment

It would be great to have deployment marker for canary deployment.

With most of our release, we want to verify whether the new version of the application is working correctly in our “production” environment. The caveat is that we want to expose it only to a small amount of clients—to gather feedback, for example, we release new feature only to blue application with 10% of our traffic (which having latest code revision) and 90% of traffic still serve from green application (which having existing stable code -running in production).

As a operation engineer, it would be great for me if we have stats to compare for canary deployments so, we would be able to check if component had any issues around performance degradation at early stage.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

Hi @ravi.khanna, I have added a poll for other Explorers to show their level of interest in this Feature Idea. Also informed our product team of your request. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes