New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Listing Large Amounts of Data Apps

rfb

@hross, Thank you for the clarification. The “Data App” is invaluable to me because I can separate my apps into distinct units.

I don’t mind if you create a poll with this topic, but I think considerable clarification would be needed…

My experience is this. With regard to reporting, I am a believer that a majority of people view data from the perspective of counters. “How many errors for X”, or “What is my average for Y”. After reading and putting SRE reporting concepts into practice, a whole new world opened up for my company. The data is meaningful, relate-able and transferable across a broad spectrum. You can see the early example I posted here: Creating a template data app

I would really love to see New Relic start creating or hosting online open sessions to provide real world examples to the NR consumers. These may exist, I have not found items specifically regarding SRE type reporting and alerting. NR does wonderful work to help users understand the basics of the platform. I feel that without a strategy to approach the data, it can be extremely overwhelming.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Alternative Listing for a Large Amount of Data Apps

There needs to be a feature that supports organizing linked dashboards in a way that provides value to consumers of the dashboards.

Data apps fall short in many ways. Part of that is because of the way the data model is designed and part of is it the nosql limitations preventing joins and such.

If you solve joins a person isn’t as interested in developing complex data apps for the drill down capability. However, drill downs are of tremendous value and need more support. More features.

Yes, I think a list view of dashboards and data apps would be valuable. At the same time if a list view of data apps is warranted (as in they are being used and generated to that degree) then I’d like to see more support for the kinds of things data apps intend to solve.