Feature Idea: Mass Mute / Maintenance Mode

It would be nice to be able to mass mute all of my ping probes. Perhaps the ability to schedule a window of downtime (don’t send any pinger alerts between certain hours on a specific day).

And then one more step further - to be able to group pingers so one group of pingers could be muted while other pingers in other groups remain online.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @ajayjack. These are all great ideas, and we’re tracking every one of them in our backlog – including the ability to tag/group associated monitors together.

I can’t provide exact dates when they’re going to hit your browser, but I can tell you that we have tagging and maintenance windows (or “mute for x min”) on the upcoming roadmap. Batch operations will likely come after tagging, as the extra layer of complexity changes the design of the interface, but I do understand how convenient it would be if we supported multiple monitor updates at once.

Please keep sending us your requests; we pay attention to what customers are asking for and weigh it in when prioritizing the backlog.

Thanks,
Ian

1 Like

Will this “mute for x min” be solely for Synthetics-based alerts, or any/all alerts? Is there a rough idea when any form of this might become available? Thanks.

Hey @ross_x_mohan - I don’t have the answers to those questions - but I have sent your added voice in as a feature request. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Lisa! It’s good NR is tracking customer feature requests and providing feedback here…it would be lovely if we had some/any rough idea of status, too. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, appreciate the communication!

I hear ya, @ross_x_mohan, on wanting more transparency into the if/when of potential new features. I’ve passed that onwards as well. :slight_smile:

Is there any update on when we might get this functionality?

@ajayjack its still a priority of ours just not ETA yet.

Please add my vote on this as well, I assume still no update on this? The SLA report is nice, but if it doesn’t allow setting a maintenance window it will cloud the report…

Hi @janvanderveen,

Welcome to the forum!

Right now we don’t have an ETA but I have added your details as a +1 for this feature.

I would like to add my vote for this functionality as well. We are in the process of migrating from Gomez/Dynatrace which support this functionality.

@stefan_garnham

I have added your +1 for this.

Welcome to the forum!

All I want is the ability to mass mute/disable all, or a group of pingers… very annoying to have to do them one by one - especially as the order on the page changes as you are disabling! Thanks.

+1 for a maintenance mode/window

+1 we need ability to put “SLA” on hold across all tests

Hi @phil, @atrace, and @peter_simonsen - I have sent in your each of your requests to our product managers. Thank you!

Will failures during a maintenance window be excluded from the SLA report like you can with legacy Availability Monitoring?

Hey @cdhunt - that’s an excellent question and probably a great time to get a request in on same. I don’t have the answer however I will ensure that our product managers know about this request!

1 Like

+1

We do rebuild some indexes for a brief period of time every day, and some pings would be impacted. Would love to be able to group those (a monitor should ideally be able to belong to multiple groups) and mute them during that time period and have it not impact the SLA reporting as well.

Hi @nari - I’ve gone ahead and sent through your request. Thank you for sharing why you need this!