Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Metric - individual Shard size info within an Elasticsearch Index

feature-idea
on-host-integrations

A feature request is requested to have a metric to capture individual Shard size info within an Index. This can be available under ElasticsearchIndexSample event.

ElasticSearch Inc. recommend shard size to be around ~50GB, as larger size can be a problem when reallocating/recovering. So, there needs to be a NR Metric which should keep track of the size of individual shards, and can be then used for Alerting.

Currently, there is a metric to capture the size of all primary shards in an Index together (index.primaryStoreSizeInByte) and another one to capture for all primary&replica shards in an Index.
But, there is no metric currently available to capture individual shard size.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @rajesh.rajasekharan - we jut got this feature request filed for you over to the right team internally. You’ll note I have also added a poll to your post, if you could vote on that, it can help bring visibility to these feature requests.

Hi @RyanVeitch - There is also a New Relic support ticket (Request #385317 ) around this. Thanks!

Thanks for that @rajesh.rajasekharan :smiley: