Feature Idea: Need for ARM Support

Hi, everyone.

Its almost a year ago I posted a request for ARM support for the NR client. After this request nothing changed, its getting a little embarrassing (because I never installed a alternative, I have lost days of work because I couldn’t repair the situation and had to rebuild).

This kind of monitoring would open up a whole new world (market) like Phone monitoring (Android), Embedded devices up to RPI’s. Please do explain what the standpoint for NR is around ARM support?
A e.t.a. would be nice and would give some buzz for NR and would excite me.

Please do not answer with a feature request, but with a estimated time of arrival or there wont be any please do explain.

Thank you for a extensive explanation.

New Relic Edit

##Vote Now! | ARM Support

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

*We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

4 Likes

Hi @roy! Thanks for writing in and letting us know that you would like to hear more about the state of ARM support. I am trying to get more info for you from our product team, so hang tight!

In the meantime, please participate in this poll! Thanks again! :blush:

2 Likes

Yes, ARM support would increase the number of devices and apps the Mobile SDK could be added to (outside of Android and iOS), like the Raspberry Pi. We would love to be able to do this, but we have to prioritize and this isn’t a major focus for New Relic at this time. We are very focused on improving our customers’ experiences based on the devices we already support. We won’t be able to address your request, and I’m very sorry for the inconvenience to you in the meantime!

2 Likes

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to bring this request up. We are looking at using New Relic to monitor some network switches that run Linux and use the ARMv7 processor. Hopefully, this is treated with a little more priority than a mere Raspberry Pi request. :slight_smile: We’ve had great success so far running newrelic-infra on our x86 based switches and we really want that same monitoring functionality across the board. Thanks!

2 Likes

AWS is now out with a1 instance types using ARM. Newrelic not supporting ARM would hinder our potential migration to a1.

2 Likes

We are also looking for AWS A1 Graviton ARM support for the system agent.

1 Like

Hey @KonyDevelopers - I’ll get that +1 added for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t believe over 3 years have gone past since this original post and newrelic still don’t support ARM

1 Like

@michael72 - you’re right, we don’t have an update on support for ARM devices. But we’ll get this request resurfaced to the product team with your +1

1 Like

Any updates here? We are also looking to move to a1 instance types and it looks like new relic still does not support ARM platforms?

1 Like

Hey @nikhil7 -

We do now provide an agent for ARM platforms (that can be found here)

Note you’ll have to use one of the Manual Install methods listed here: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/infrastructure/install-configure-manage-infrastructure

But it’s important to note that these installations are not officially supported by New Relic’s Technical Support team.

You’re welcome to try out those agents, and if you run into any issues, feel free to post here in the Explorers Hub. There’ll likely be other community members who can help you with that :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the link, I’ll give it a try and update here with my findings!

Regards,
Nikhil

2 Likes

Thanks Nikhil :slight_smile: Looking forward to hearing how that goes.

1 Like

With Amazon’s latest R6g and M6g (Graviton2) instance types getting a heavy push, it would be nice to see more action to get DEB/RPM packages pushed for the ARM release of the NewRelic Infrastructure Agent. It seems logical that Amazon is going to continue to invest in this infrastructure, so you might as well be ready.

1 Like

Yes, same call here. The absence of ARM support is a blocking issue on our side now

2 Likes

@cperrotminot & @greg.smith1 - Have you tried the agent that supports ARM here:

https://download.newrelic.com/infrastructure_agent/binaries/linux/ ?

The Infra-Agent is there, and so far, it looks like its working… but without the integrations (specifically the mysql one) its still not getting us what we need.