Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: .NET 4.7 Support

feature-idea
rfb

I see in the current documentation that support up to .Net 4.6 is listed. Can anyone tell me if the .Net agent will work with the 4.7 framework? If not, when will this be officially supported.

_New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

4.7 is not yet a supported framework, @jspencer! I will add a poll to this thread so that we can start some more conversations around 4.7. :thumbsup: Check back soon for updates!

Is .Net 4.7 supported at this point. I’m trying to instrument a .Net 4.7 app and get the: This process (myapp.exe) is not configured to be instrumented.

Hi, @cody2: According to the documentation, versions 7 and up of the New Relic .NET agent support .NET Framework versions 4.5 and higher. Which agent version are you using?

From the message you are providing, you are instrumenting a non-IIS application which requires different configuration and a CustomInstrumentation.xml file to hook the profiler into the executable.