Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: New Relic One Dashboards difficult to read from 10ft

dashboards

Hi, I have two big issues with the new dashboard styles:

1: We run several New Relic dashboards in a NOC type setting where they are viewed on a grid of large 65" monitors on a wall. With the original dashboards, the bold and larger fonts allowed for the screens to be easily viewed up to 20 feet away. With the new NR One dashboard format, the majority of the charts are unreadable outside of 5-10ft. Also on the fullscreen view, the title bar disappears, which makes the dashboard unusable to us since we have several similar dashboards but focusing on separate products.

2: The pie chart chart no longer has the sum shown in the center. Losing this means where we once were able to display 2 sets of important information within one screen, we now have to generate 2 separate charts…really annoying.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Numbers in charts are not obvious in the new Dashboards

Hey @adam.elliott - these are excellent points that you bring up. I’m taking this to our team as a feature idea. I know that they have been busy working through all the customer requests since the launch of New Relic One, and your clear examples give them great information.

I have attached the images from new and old dashboards. The numbers are hard to read in the new Dashboard esp if we have multiple widgets in a dashboard
For eg 299 is obvious and 377 isn’t

OldStyle new

Thanks!

Hi @arun.chandar - I took the liberty of moving your post over here since I think you are asking for the same thing to be addressed. Feel free to add a vote to this feature request or let me know if you were actually looking for something different.