Feature Idea: Newrelic-infra-1.12.2-1.el7.x86_64 RPM puts newrelic-infra.service in the wrong directory

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.unit.html#id-1.8

Table 1. Load path when running in system mode ( --system ).

Path Description
/etc/systemd/system.control Persistent and transient configuration created using the dbus API
/run/systemd/system.control
/run/systemd/transient Dynamic configuration for transient units
/run/systemd/generator.early Generated units with high priority (see early-dir in systemd.generator(7))
/etc/systemd/system System units created by the administrator
/run/systemd/system Runtime units
/run/systemd/generator Generated units with medium priority (see normal-dir in systemd.generator(7))
/usr/local/lib/systemd/system System units installed by the administrator
/usr/lib/systemd/system System units installed by the distribution package manager
/run/systemd/generator.late Generated units with low priority (see late-dir in systemd.generator(7))

The /etc/systemd/system directory is for System units created by the administrator

The /usr/lib/systemd/system directory is for System units installed by the distribution package manager (“distribution package manager” e.g. yum, dnf, apt)

Please stop publishing RPMs that put systemd unit files in an administrator’s override directory. Thank you.

$ rpm -qf /etc/systemd/system/newrelic-infra.service
newrelic-infra-1.12.2-1.el7.x86_64

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@kenneths_con Welcome to the community :slight_smile:
I ran this by our support team and they informed me that this is currently a feature idea. So a poll has been added to get the level of interest from other community members and I have also informed our product team about you RPM request.

1 Like