Feature Idea: Newrelic object in the global scope

Is there a way to install Browser on site in a way that the newrelic object is not in the global scope?

I followed the copy/paste installation approach. As is, anyone could execute window.newrelic.noticeError(), window.newrelic.addPageAction and other functions to send bogus data and clutter our logs.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @vic404,

There is not a way to do that at this time. While it is theoretically possible to do what you’re describing and I get asked about it from time to time, I’ve never actually seen a case where someone has done that. We do have a way to force a change to the license key for you if there are concerns about fradulent data being sent, but in practice it just doesn’t seem to be an issue.

It’s an interesting point though, and I’ll ask the moderators to put a feature flag poll on this post for you though

1 Like