Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Newrelic supports streaming?

Hi,
Right now, I wrote a New Relic consumer which gets events from New Relic through NRQL queries and do some post-processing to generate reports. I am doing on a poll-based approach. Is there any support to consume data as a stream from a given time? Let us know how can I achieve this if the feature is available.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @rajeev3 -

Great question. This is not something that New Relic currently supports. That said we can definitely understand the use case. I have created a Feature Idea for you and am adding a poll so that others can weigh in as well. In the meantime, if you have any more details to share, I know our teams appreciate that.

@rajeev3 ,
Can you say more about what you mean by :

We are looking at ways to better support streaming data use cases. Can you tell us how you would envision this working? That will help us in the design process.

We do have a feature that is in Limited Release called Event Export. This forwards all of the events / data points that match your filter condition to an AWS Kinesis Firehose. From there you can route the data to Redshift, S3, or use Lambda to direct the data elsewhere. Your account team can help you with this feature.

regards,
Brian
Product Management

Exporting/copying all INSIGHTS data for use locally

In our case, we are downloading CSVs of key dashboard data for use in executive dashboards in Tableau. When there were only a couple of Insights dashboards this manual process was not a problem, but we’re up to 9 and will keep growing and it is becoming a burdensome process.

Thanks for letting us know your use case @John.Hopson - we’ll get that feedback added to the internal feature idea.