Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Node VM Metrics

nodejs
feature-idea

I would like the ability to be alerted based on Node VM Metrics. For example, if the amount of memory being used by a single node instance goes above 256MB an alert goes out.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Thanks for sharing this use case with us @akaufman! We have turned this into a feature idea that the community can vote on as well. In the meantime, if you have more details about how you would like to see this implemented, we would love to hear them.

If there is a way to reach these metrics using NRQL then that would be adequate but I can’t find them anywhere. Where are they stored?

Hey there, @DanW1! I am happy you wrote in about this! Currently what you need is not available via NRQL, but I know that strides have been made toward making this a reality! I will try and update this thread when I hear any updates—please keep your eyes peeled! :blush:

Hi, we would like this feature as well. It would be great if we could set alerts when the memory usage goes past a certain percentage of available memory.

@Rathish.C, thanks for your suggestions :smiley: