Feature Idea: Nominating the primary timestamp source

When ingesting logs from S3 using the ingestion lambda, the logs are grouped and published to S3 every 5-10 minutes. The newrelic lambda is ingesting the logs when the object appears in S3, but the timestamp it applies to each record is the ingestion timestamp. Each log entry has an actual timestamp that whilst ingested, is not used as the primary timestamp.

If I was using logstash I could specify which field contains the correct timestamp.

How can I do this in New Relic Logs without using Logstash in the middle?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@richard43 Welcome to the community and congrats on posting your first topic! You have been waiting awhile for a response. I will bring this topic to the attention of our support team again. Thank you for your patience!

Joi

Hi @richard43

I’ve taken a look at this and can’t find a way currently to adjust the preferred timestamp with the S3 Log Ingestion Lambda.

We’ll get this filed as a feature idea for you though - so the product management teams will be made aware of your use case for this.

1 Like