Feature Idea: NRI agent - Rabbitmq - Allow ignoring of queues

It appears as though the NRI agent is probably built on Golang or at least using the new regex specification.

This means we can’t do a positive lookbehind in the ‘queues_regexes’ setting.

What I really need is a way to be able to ignore certain queues. It would be helpful to have a ‘ignored_queues_regexes’ setting or something similar to remove queues that are ephemeral.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Thank you for submitting this request. I have informed our product team and will add a poll to gain the interest for this feature from other community members. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing this feedback @chris.dobbyn
Do you mind sharing more details about this?
It seems you don’t want to monitor those queues (avoid sending the data in the first place). I’m wondering if keeping the data but filtering in the UI would help.
We can confirm that’s true that the regex cannot be “inverted” to act as a denyList.

We tried this at one point but our developers complained about the large number of extra queues when doing things like insights queries in the UI. Additionally at this point we will have to overhall a mountain of alert policies, insights queries, and other things I can’t even think of right now.

This is the reason we didn’t just collect “.*” queues_regex. Ultimately we ended up selecting 3 queues_regex that hit the most important queues. This poses a long term supportability problem when we bring on new ones.

If there was a way in the UI that I could say, ignore all queues matching this regex globally for all objects / queries, that would work. I suspect changing the agent ingestion would be more palatable than adding a global ignore to the UI.

Thanks for sharing the additional @chris.dobbyn , this helps us better understand your use case. Though we are unable to commit on a timeline to resolution I have attached this post to the feature request.
Regarding a global filter in the UI, I don’t think there’s a feature that would help you in this case.