Feature Idea: Nrql query for searching by tags

Hello guys,

I am not sure how to create a query where I can specify tags or categories previously made.

So, using query like below, how can I specify a tag for each application

FROM NrDailyUsage SELECT apmAgentVersion where apmAgentVersion IS NOT NULL AND apmLanguage = 'ruby' AND apmAgentVersion < '7.0.0' since yesterday

I am sure that @RyanVeitch could help me :slight_smile:

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @dmitriy.vovk

Can you clarify what kind of results you are hoping for? I don’t believe the APM Agent Tags are sent to the usage event type.

I hope to see the column or columns in the table with the tags associated to this application.

Hi @dmitriy.vovk

I don’t think tags are sent as attributes for NRQL to query. So I have not been able to come up with a query for this. Instead I’ll file a feature request for you to make tags queryable. :slight_smile:

Hi @RyanVeitch !
Nice to hear it, thank you very much.

Found that tags could be queried in different way and it has resolved by the following graphql query:

{
  actor {
    entitySearch(queryBuilder: {tags: {value: "value", key: "key"}, domain: APM}, sortBy: NAME) {
      results {
        entities {
          tags {
            values
            key
          }
          name
          entityType
        }
      }
      count
    }