Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Option to insert a link to current dashboard when creating it with the REST api

api
feature-idea

I like the dashboard api and we use it a lot “copy” dashboards between accounts. However there is one drawback, links cannot be specified when using the dashboard api. So there is always some additional manual step included after the POST (or and additional PUT, which is not less work).

I would like to have an option to specify a link to the current dashboard in the following way:

drilldown_dashboard_id : current

After the dashbaord has been created and the id is available, the api could replace this with the proper value. This would be really helpful and speed up the usage of the dashboard api.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey Wolfgang,
That’s a great suggestion! I can certainly see the benefit of that in the API.

I’ll get that filed internally for you, and I’ll also get a poll added here. :smiley:

-Ryan.