Feature Idea: Permission Settings & Administration

Feature Use Case:

As Administrator of New Relic Account I can create restricted users that keep them from seeing specific applications.
As administrator of New Relic Account I can choose which settings ex. Alerts, APM etc. Restricted/New Role can VIEW

This Feature will help owner of New Relic Account to provide right access to application(s) ex. hosting, software house.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi, @bolsz: You can do that today by creating sub-accounts: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/accounts/install-new-relic/account-setup/manage-apps-or-users-sub-accounts.

Hi @philweber,
I’ve read that article, but… What if I’ve employee and I want him/her to have access to only ONE application ?
Regarding to that article I’ve to buy new licence key. In my honest opinion there should be possibility to set permissions in this kind of situation.

Hi there @bolsz - you are correct. It is not currently possible for you to restrict access for users on an application basis, only on the account level. And, you would need to increase your usage to isolate applications in sub-accounts. So… I added a poll to this request and will share this with our product team. In the meantime, please let us know what else we can do for you!

There is no charge to add a sub-account. New Relic APM is billed by host, not license key: 10 applications in one account costs the same as 10 accounts with one application each.

If you have an employee and you want him to have access to only one application, you can put that application in a sub-account, and add the employee as a user to that account.

@philweber I’ll try that, allthough I’m sure that feature which I’ve mentioned will help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, @bolsz: Sure, I am not saying we should not have that feature. I am just trying to suggest something you can do today while you wait for the feature to be added. I hope it helps!

1 Like