Feature Idea: PING Tests For FTP?

Hi @sanderbol - I’ve added your feature request. Thank you for sharing more details about your underlying need. :grinning:

Any traction on this? It’s nearly a year later. I would also love to be able to monitor an FTP server.

I don’t have any updates on this at the moment, @bliyanage - I will submit a request on your behalf. Thank you!

Just for some clarity, I’m specifically looking for sftp, which might be a little different.

Hey @bliyanage,

Thanks for the clarification! I’ve gone ahead and modified the request to capture that you are looking primarily for sftp support.

Any updates on this feature request?

Still being worked on, @ncrown! I will be happy to create a feature request on your behalf. Feel free to provide any context/details for our product team.

Yes - please do create an FR on our behalf.

What we really need is the ability to ping / login via FTPS and list the directory contents.

Nick

1 Like

Noted, @ncrown! Updated your feature request! Thanks again :blush:

I would like the ability check the available of any given network port. For example, I would like to check that an SMTP responds with ‘HELO’.

This should be covered with the ‘net’ library which isn’t available.

Hi @cdhunt - thank you for the request. I’ve gone ahead and sent this off to our product management team.

I hate to bring up an old topic but was this ever finished? I need the ability to monitor if an FTP url is up and if a specific port is open. @Linds @ehulburt Thanks!

1 Like

This would be very useful

1 Like

This would be very useful feature, any updates on if it will ever be included?

I don’t know if this did make it to the roadmap @richard.mitton - let me reach out to the product manager for Synthetics to try get you an update. :slight_smile:

Is there any update on this request? we are stuck on site 24 x 7 because we cannot check smtp and ftp with NR

No update just yet I’m afraid @klynch - We’ll get your request added here as a +1 though.

Additional modules have been added that allow you to interact with FTP/FTPS/SFTP servers and also connect to TCP ports. Examples are available.