Feature Idea: Portal response time comparison table - daily/weekly basis

Hello Experts -
Looking for tabular display of comparing our web-portal response times for customer requests. After we do a deployment, want to compare the response times observed pre-deployment and post-deployment. To find out what is the delta increase/decrease of response times. Is it possible to do this with NewRelic ?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Pretty sure your best way to do that is to use the COMPARE WITH capability, https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/query-data/nrql-new-relic-query-language/getting-started/nrql-syntax-clauses-functions#sel-compare

Thanks for the response, this compare with option gives either json response or billboard.
What I’m looking for is the tabular output as I get when I tried without the compare with option.

Deployment markers provide a way to view the differences pre and post deployments.

1 Like

Hey @lakshmanarajan.savad - Compare with won’t return table data. For the most helpful information from pre-post deployment of APM apps, Stefan’s suggestion of Deployment markers would be best.

Deployment markers show 90 minutes before, and after the deployment, showing you the performance impact. I made a quick video on this recently, feel free to check that out here.

There is actually a feature request similar to your requirement @lakshmanarajan.savad. Go and add your vote.

Edited to add: @RyanVeitch if we could have the feature request for tabular COMPARE WITH, I would definitely vote for it . The current functionality of having to create a widget per Transaction or PageView you are analysing is very time consuming.

1 Like

Yup! I’ll get that filed and attached to this post, feel free to add in your vote at the top of this thread.

Thanks @RyanVeitch. I’ve added my vote :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic :smiley: Cheers!!