Feature Idea: Prefix/Suffix for .NET Autonaming

Current Problem
The current .NET Autonaming functionality is nice however we currently use a standardization on Application Pool names that does not allow for autonaming to be completely useful, meaning that application pools do not disambiguate region they are associated, with this every region of an application will report in the same if we use autonaming. Currently the solution is to manually name each application in newrelic.config/web.config, this isn’t terrible, but there could be other ways that would make autonaming useful :slight_smile:

Potential Solution
I was thinking a quick fix for other people with this might be to add the ability to perform a prefix/suffix to naming, configuring this at the global level would allow for very quick deployments.

Thanks!
Jordan Hutchings

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

Thanks, @JordanH for letting us know!

Your potential solution is :ok_hand: a great addition. I added a poll so that we can start collecting votes on this!

1 Like