Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Programmatically Generate Insights Dashboards

feature-request
feature-idea

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can automagically create Insights Dashboards by url timeboxing an existing dashboard, or generating a new one via an api

Example.
We have certain marketing events that cover a time boxed window. we like to share a dashboard of relevant insights, where the NRQL for our charts all have since/until clauses for the period of activity

Another example is that in our incident communications we like to provide the business with insights on business impact again we want to be able to lock these to an incident window.

Let me know if you know of a way of doing this already, if not would you +1 this as a feature request. I am aware that I can permalink with a where clause, but to my knowledge that can’t set a start and end time.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

No automagic way yet, @Trickey! Thank you so much for writing in with your examples—I will be sure to pass these use cases along as a feature request to my product managers!

If/when there is news on this I will make sure you get notified! Thanks again!

Dashboard creation via an API is key for large Cloud Providers. We have plenty of services in multiple environments and we really would like to be able to push / create those dashboards in an automated way.

@Linds is there any update on this topic?

Maybe a beta we can join to try such a feature?

No news yet, @dary! Thanks for contributing to this thread with your use case! I have added a poll above so we can start collecting votes for this feature idea. I’ll also pass your use case and details along to our product team. Thanks again!

If you haven’t already heard, we released a CRUD API for dashboards! Check out more information about it here: https://blog.newrelic.com/2018/01/08/insights-dashboard-api/