Feature Idea: Properly render newline \n in New Relic Logs search results and log details

If submitting JSON log entries to New Relic Logs containing \n, I would like if the product would actually render the newline as part of the search results to preserve the original formatting. I can see from the log detail that the \n is preserved, but it appears to be replaced by a blank space in the search results and log details drawer.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Is it possible to make New Relic render newlines properly? This is something that SumoLogic supports natively.

1 Like

Hi there @christian11 - welcome to the community! Sorry that this took so long, but we did a little digging int your request. As you suggest, this is not currently possible in our Log capability. That said, we think it is a great idea. I’ve added a poll to this topic and will be sharing this with our product teams. If you have any additional details to add to your use case, we would love to hear them.