Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Proxy Browser Requests to NR Through Our Server

feature-idea

Hi

As a wifi hotspot provider, our clients don’t have Internet access when they reach our web server.

It would be nice to be able to proxy the client browser requests to New Relic through our web server, as we can do with Google Analytics Measurement Protocol.

Thank you

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Route browser stats through proxy?

@miguel.gonzalez Thanks for letting us know how being able to proxy browser requests will benefit you and your team! I went ahead and modified your post so that others who wish to see this implemented can vote and share their thoughts as well. :blush:

I’ll also be passing your request/idea along to our Product team—thanks again!

This is a big one for us. We use NR on the client for gathering metrics on WebRTC media, but many of our customers have NR blocked on the firewall level, which makes it particularly difficult to gather metrics for firewall media issues. Being able to proxy client/browser requests through our domain is critical to fixing that.

Thanks for the input @Xander.Dumaine1 - I’ll get your +1 added.