New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: RBAC support for Custom Roles

feature-idea

I am looking to set up some custom roles for different types of users and I have created one. That was a simple process :slight_smile:

Now I would like to set up access to Synthetics using that custom role. I cannot add the custom role as a group, nor add it from the people list after creating a new group in the Synthetic permissions.

As a New Relic administrator I would like to use a custom role to set access to synthetics in the Synthetics Permissions.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@stefan_garnham -

Synthetics manager roles in the User Management UI restrict a user’s ability to edit Synthetics own Permissions system. So users with the USER base role and no Synthetics add-on, will not be able to add any permissions to their own user.

In Synthetics Permissions you have the option of adding users to groups, with differing levels of access.

Users not in a group will not see or be able to edit any Synthetics monitor / maintenance window / secure credential / private location.

Essentially allowing you to revoke all access to synthetics for users.

Are you hoping for something different, or more granular?

It is sort of a cross between the 2. I don’t want to create a group in Synthetics permissions to add users to that group that I have already added to a custom role with Synthetics permissions. It is a duplication of effort.

Possibly a poor explanation from me.

@stefan_garnham - Understood - thanks for the extra clarification. I got that feature idea filed for you now & converted your post to include a poll :smiley: