Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Relative Path to newrelic.config in web.config (NewRelic.ConfigFile Key)

newrelic.config

Hello,
i try to configure a path in my web.config to the newrelic.config, looks like this:

<appSettings>
    ... more stuff....

<!-- NewRelic-->
    <add key="NewRelic.ConfigFile" value=".\Monitoring\NewRelic\newrelic.config" />	
</appSettings>

“Monitoring” folder is in root, but it doesn’t work with the relative path, I have to set it as an absolute path, which is not working for me.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong or is it simply not possible to set an relative path?

Thanks.

Julian

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi there @Julian.Schreiner - thanks for joining us in the Explorers Hub. Welcome!

Unfortunately, it is simply not possible to set a relative path. That said, I can see that this would be useful. If you would like, I can turn this thread into a Feature Idea to others can weigh in. We’ll also send the information to our product team. Just let me know.

Hi @hross,
thank you, great to be here.
And thank you for your answer.
Yes, it would be great if you could turn the thread into a Feature Idea, maybe someone else could also need this functionality.

Forgot to come back here and say - all done! It’s a Feature Idea now, and please let us know if there are any other details you want to share.