Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Report websites or applications running in the same IIS App Pool as different New Relic applications

feature-idea
rfb

I’m looking for a way to report websites or applications running in the same IIS App Pool as different New Relic applications. I posted a question about this in StackOverflow a few years back but it’s still an open question.

This is useful where multiple sites share the same codebase, but may have some different code per application, and appear as a separate website to end users

• marketing website and store
  • websites for different business units e.g. farming and mining that might have a common base yet the majority of the complex elements such as forms or directories of information may be specific to those business units.

Hi @david.huby, you need to copy the newrelic.config and add it into your application’s folder.

You will need to remove any naming via application pool setting in the agent’s newrelic.config for this to work as you require.

Hi @stefan_garnham all the sites are in the same directory. I suppose what I am looking for is a way to log to different New Relic applications based on the hostname of each request.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

First I’d like to thank @stefan_garnham , that is a great suggestion!

Hi @david.huby, thank you for reaching out and for clarifying your request. At this time, the .NET agent doesn’t support differentiating which application to report to based on the hostname of each request. Here is a document with all of the supported methods to name an application.

This is a great feature suggestion! I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to be considered for a future release. While we can’t guarantee when or if this feature will be implemented, we take customer requests very seriously and use them to prioritize which features we implement next. Thank you for helping improve the product!

Hi @daffinito do you have any updates on this?

Hi just wondering if there is any update on this?

No update to share right now, @david.huby! Please be sure to cast your vote above! And I will be sure to pass your input along to our product management team. :thumbsup: Check back for updates!