Feature Idea: Retrieving Infrastructure Inventory Details

Hi,

Is there a way to retrieve all the inventory details collected in New Relic , query it and built a dashboard out of it. I couldn’t find the inventory details like packages/rpm, etc in System table.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

3 Likes

Hi, @mohamedibrahim.abdul: Unfortunately, inventory data is not sent to Insights; it is only available via the Infrastructure user interface. This would be an excellent feature idea; I am sure one of our moderators will be along shortly to create one. Thank you!

2 Likes

Yes, if we can use the inventory data that would be excellent.Thank you Phil !! Appreciate it.!!

1 Like

You got it! @mohamedibrahim.abdul - I just created a feature idea from this post for you :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you Ryan!! Appreciate it!!

2 Likes

No problem @mohamedibrahim.abdul :smiley:

1 Like

We have a use case where we’d like to create dynamic NRQL queries for mysql to be used for alerting. The ability to use an inventory value allows a single dynamic alert vs unique alerts per server or database value.

Thanks for sharing that use case @jason.nance - We’ll get your +1 added :slight_smile:

1 Like