New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Running CPM minions in Azure Container Instances

feature-idea

We’re currently an Azure user as well as using NewRelic Synthetics to monitor locations from around the world.

Whilst the default location offerings are ok, we’d like to be more granular, for example being able to monitor from the UAE.

Azure Container Instances would seem like an idea mechanism in order to fire up a minion in any one of the Azure locations. Unfortunately the requirements to fire up child containers and not being supported with orchestration engines would preclude this.

Being able to run minions within orchestration engines and services like ACI would be a great capability to have.

Please advise.

Iain

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey Iain - @ColledgeI

We don’t currently officially support Azure container instances with the CPM. That is not to say that it would not work, it may be possible to make ACI + CPM work, but this is not something that we have tested and officially support.

Since that’s the case - I’ll get a feature idea filed internally for you & I’ll add a poll here for you :smiley:

Thanks Ryan, I hope you can see that for cloud users being able to run on Kubernetes or native container capabilities would be a boon.

Maybe if the minion’s workers could be brought up as a fixed number of containers in a group with a queue or something so that the requirement for dynamically creating workers isn’t needed any more.

@ColledgeI - Thanks for the extra input - I’ll get this added to our internal feature idea :smiley: