Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Scala 2.13 support

scala
feature-idea

I would love to see support for Scala 2.13 in NewRelic. Scala 2.13 is available for 5 months now, and I would have expected that the latest NewRelic agent to support it. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Agent not working in Scala 2.13

Thanks for posting @balazs.keki - I’ll get this feature idea sent up to the product development team internally :slight_smile:

I hope this issue is taken seriously and fixed asap with high priority. I’m not familiar with the NR process so I might misunderstand the terms used here but this is not a new “feature idea”, it is issue of missing support for the current Scala version. And it is sad to read the auto-comment below that it might not get to roadmap or be implemented :frowning:

NR did do a good job to release Java 13 support, I hope they would have same process to ensure compatibility with latest versions of most popular JVM languages like Scala and Kotlin.
I checked one of the competitor’s APM Java agent and it seems to have been fixed to work with scala 2.13 already in July. If someone would implement new Scala app I think it would be unreasonable to assume they would downgrade scala to previous version just to be able to use NR.

Hey @jarkko.monkkonen - you make some excellent points here - and I’d like to address what I can, specifically that is the auto-comment - this is a standard disclaimer we add on to any feature ideas. We get a lot of feature ideas every day, that disclaimer is just to note that we cannot promise to implement everything.

On the topic of Scala 2.13 support - I don’t have any update right now - but I’m going to send a message over to the Java agent product manager to see if we can get an update here for you. :slight_smile: