New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Sending Alerts About Custom Dashboards via Email

feature-idea
rfb

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way we can send emails about the dashboards created with charts and stats embedded in the mail itself.

Thanks,
Shirish

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @shirishp

Thanks for getting in touch.
Currently, it is not possible to send emails with charts and stats from Insights embedded.

I have logged a feature request on your behalf for this functionality. If your feature request is implemented we will let you know!

Thanks @obuckley ! ,

No problem @shirishp!
Welcome to the forum!

Hi @obuckley,

I was wondering if this feature is now available.

I wanted to schedule emails with embedded charts to my team mates about the usage of our App, so that even when the data is gone from NewRelic, then we shall be able to access that via email?

Thanks,
Ashish

Hi @ashmehta,

This is on our roadmap for the year in Insights – being able to generate a report out of a dashboard that can be emailed. We will absolutely keep you (and other folks on this thread) abreast as things start to progress here.

Just out of curiosity, can you tell me a bit about what you’d like to see out of this feature? How important is it that they’re interactive vs. static (e.g., actual embedded charts vs. a PDF image)?

Cheers,
Henry

Thanks @hshapiro for prompt reply!

It would be great to have interactive charts as I see in the dashboard in browser.

If that isn’t feasible on email in first iteration of this feature (because email does limit interactivity), then the best would be scroll-able email with individual chart images with necessary information present and on clicking the image you land to that particular interactive chart (else open the dashboard) in browser with the data to that particular time (similar to permalink feature of UI).

Having a PDF attached with the email kills interactivity.

Thanks so much for adding that extra input, @ashmehta!

@hshapiro and the rest of the product team like to see this kind of customer feedback! Thanks for helping make our product great! :blush:

Any update on this front? Would love to see this feature! Thanks.

No news at this time, @_mg! Thanks for letting us know that you are interested!

Please feel free to add your use case (and any other detail) so that our product team can get the full picture while they review your request. Thanks! :blush:

My comparison is to adobe analytics where you can create reports and subsequently set up the ability to share them (ie. via email) on a recurring schedule. This comes into play for sharing key transactions/data with external customers or executive management. This is also a key feature in adopting insights for more business transactions.

tl;dr the ability to send out a created dashboard via email on a set schedule (looking just as good in the email as the site) would be a big win for furthering our insights use cases.

Any update on this feature implementation? Badly needed to broadcast the dashboard in regular intervals.

I would also greatly appreciate an update on this feature.

Up-voting this feature request. Could (and may have to) build a rough-around-the-edges version myself on top of insights api, but really this feels like something that should easy to do from within NR. Specifically:

• Send on a recurring schedule
  • Looks at good (or nearly) in email as on dashboard
  • Static charts with links to dashboard for interactivity would be fine

Is there any update on this. Upvoting this feature.

No update to share with the group right now, @ec-newrelic-admin. Happy to see there is growing interest around this. Please be sure to add your vote and any specifics about your use case you would like us to know.

Any update on this? We could really use it!

I am also interested in this functionality. There is another thread that has a similar request.
See:

Even our team is eagerly waiting for this feature. Let us know if this feature is implemented.

@NChikoti As yet there is no update on custom email alerts from dashboards. We have added your +1s to the feature request though. We’ll try to keep this thread updated if this is implemented.