Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Showing the Raw Percentage

feature-idea

Please include any NRQL you are using:

SELECT percentage(count(result), WHERE result = ‘SUCCESS’) FROM SyntheticCheck since 12 months ago facet monthOf(timestamp) LIMIT 125

Hello
Just a really simple question here, I am wanting to show the true percentage of the successful results as per the query above, when I look at the csv of the data I see 99.996, but the table view shows 100%. How can I make it display the significant digits?

Cheers

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi there @shall - So sorry to report that this is not something you can currently do in Insights charts. However, I can log this as a feature request for our engineering team. They are releasing new features for Insights all the time (no guarantee when this might happen though).

I’ll add the poll to this topic so that others can vote as well, but it would be helpful to know if you have similar requests or specifics about exactly how you would want to see this implemented.

Thanks,
Holly

Thanks Holly I appreciate you taking the time. It is rather disappointing that this sort of granularity is not available. In our scenario we are wanting to show availability by month for the last 12 months, so the rounding clearly impacts this, in particular where you have another table right next to it showing the availability for the previous month, and there was outage data in it.

So I suppose the request is to add decimal precision to the result of aggregate functions?

Kind Regards
Simon Hall

@shall

Hey Simon,

Thanks for the extra input on your use case. I’ll get that passed along to the insights team :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any further questions/input.

-Ryan.

We have this issue as well. For reporting uptime SLA, it makes no sense to report 100%, when the value actually was 99,92, for example. We need more precise value here.

Noticed also, that Synthetics SLA reports have the same issue.

Cheers,
-Kai

I’ve got the same issue as kai_virkki. We’re using New Relic to report uptime data and a display that only shows between 99.9 and 100.0 is not granular enough to be useful. I’d like to add my +1 to being able to see up to at least two decimal places of precision.