Feature Idea: Sort Columns by Query Order (not alphabetical)

Vote Here! | Sort Columns by Query Order

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

Given I run a NRQL query where I specify keys I want returned instead of *, I expect that the columns will display in the order specified in the query, but they just display alphabetically. This means we can’t group related columns of data together in a table view that make business sense.

Thanks again nrdsrfr!

I agree that more flexibility is needed with ordering the output of NRQL queries.
Our PM team is actively monitoring these forums for feature requests such as these.

I’d like to second the request for columns sorted as written versus alphabetically. When parsing a grid of results, a “logical” order versus unordered means one can understand the results much more efficiently.

I couldn’t agree more! Having the ability to order by Apdex, views, load time, etc. is much more useful than the App ID Alphabetically. I want the “Worst performing” at the top, not somewhere in the middle!

1 Like

I’ve added your request, @eric_holmes :slight_smile:

+1 for this feature request

I am adding your +1 right now, @fredrik_bjork :slight_smile:

Hey @Trickey - I’ve added your +1!

Hey @rkarumanchi - I have added your +1!

Hey guys… Do we know if this was eventually added ? if not , could you please add one more to the request list.

Thanks,
Abhishek

@Abhishek_Agrawal we don’t yet have a way to sort the results columns by query order rather than alphabetically. I’ll add your +1 to the feature request.

Hi @lkaravadi - there is currently no way to order results by any column apart from the first column in the SELECT statement.

I understand that a feature request was raised. Pop over to that post and add your plus one.

1 Like

Hi please add my +1 to this request.

@ikaravadi I have added your +1

Please add my +1 to the request too.

Thanks

@peregrin_maksimovich I have added your +1!

Please add my +1 to the request too.