Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Sub-accounts with different subscription?

feature-idea

I’d like to move my some applications to other account with different subscription level from the main account. But if I create new account, I need to add all the members of the main account again to the newly account, which I do not want.

Is it possible to make sub-accounts with different subscription level?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@jihun.lee -

That’s not possible currently. All sub-accounts will automatically inherit the subscription level from the parent account.

The only advice here is not ideal - that is to go ahead with a new account with a lower/no subscription.

@RyanVeitch

Thank you for such a fast reply.

I really want to have this feature or maybe… a feature to be able to set different subscription level or data retention policy for applications. I would like to add my QA, dev environment apps to New Relic but I don’t need to store all the data for a month or longer which cause quite a big expenses.

I can go with the option you gave me, but then I cannot use SAML feature, which really helps IT governance of the company. Would it be some better way to achieve this with smaller operation

Would be a great feature request for those who have multiple accounts @RyanVeitch

Thanks for the additional detail @jihun.lee - One note is that you can still use SAML on the new account you create.

I’ll get the feature idea filed for you to our product development teams and I’ll add a poll to your post for others to vote on.