New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Support for Dramatiq

backgroundjob
feature-idea

Hi there,

I use this library called Dramatiq for my background jobs. It would be helpful if you could add support for it in the Python agent.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @nansari
Thank you for your feature idea. I am the PM for our Python team and I’ll create an internal feature request to track this.

Hi @kchu any updates on this?

Thanks @nansari for the ping. Unfortunately we have not been able to put Dramatiq on our roadmap as of yet given other priorities.

Hi @kchu,

That is understandable. Since the New Relic Python agent is open source, I would be happy to see if I could be of any help. But would need some information from your devs on how to begin. Would that be possible?

@nansari We would love that! I’ll send you a PM.

Hello, is there an update on this?

Hey @colin10, support for Dramatiq is on our roadmap but there isn’t an ETA I can share at this time. In the meantime, we do provide a library that allows customers to create extensions for the Python agent to support instrumentation of new frameworks!

Hi @colin10,

Just wanted to follow-up with you here. The instrumentation of Dramatiq library hasn’t been prioritized yet.

However, we do have a way to add custom extensions into the python agent to create instrumentation packages for unsupported frameworks. Kindly take a look at the repo below for more information:

Best!

Hi @bidahor, thanks for the link, we’ve got it up and running. More details here: https://blog.narrativ.com/converting-celery-to-dramatiq-a-py3-war-story-23df217b426

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing your solution with the community!