Feature Idea: Support for ServiceStack

Just curious as to when the ServiceStack framework will be supported? And where is the best place to follow for updates?

It was mentioned on SO a while ago that it is on the roadmap, but no ETA back then:

Better automatic support for ServiceStack is on the horizon but I don’t have an ETA.

Using those SO answers and some tweaks I have managed to get my apps working (with transaction names matching my service DTO names), but error reporting is still dodgy. I get the http status code, but thats about it, no urls, stacktraces, etc.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

5 Likes

We don’t currently have a public place to follow our roadmap. It is something we are considering, but do not have a decision on yet. A great place to follow along with new features is our New and Noteworthy page!

We don’t currently have an ETA on support for the ServiceStack framework. I’ve made sure to pass along your post to our Development team!

Tyson,

I’m running into a similar issue. I can set the transaction name (per SO article), but the RawHttpHandler doesn’t have access to the DTO. How did you get the DTO type to work? Also, any other findings for someone who wants to use ServiceStack?

Thanks!
Erick

Hey @erickt - I have added a request for you for ServiceStack integration. Hopefully @tyson may pop in and give you some tips on how he handled this.

Thank you!

would love to see servicestack support too!

I have added your request for ServiceStack support, @tzuercher :slight_smile:

What’s the status of the SS plugin?

Hi @peters - I don’t have an update on the plugin but I did submit a feature request on your behalf.

If anyone here needs this sooner and wants to dive in and build such a plugin then check out our docs on Developing Plugins!

Hello, could you update SS integration? Is it coming with a plugin? or APM feature?

@jesse_noh nothing definitive at this time but I will add your +1 for the product team.

Please add my +1 as well…

@jeffster no problem. I’ve added your vote!

+1

Any updates?? What are the options for monitoring API requests in Servicestack?

Hey @nick_karnik - and all!

We’ve added ServiceStack Redis support, starting in our 5.4.16.0 version. The latest can be found here:

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/release-notes/agent-release-notes/net-release-notes/net-agent-56530

However, full ServiceStack support is still in the works.

In the mean time, we’ve had some users see success with the creation of custom transactions while being sure to override your AppHost class (derived from AppHostBase):

public override void Release(object instance)
        {
            if (instance.GetType().ToString().StartsWith("NewRelic.Agent", System.StringComparison.CurrentCultureIgnoreCase))
                return;

base.Release(instance);
        }

Then follow the custom transaction instructions to build out your methods-of-interest in a custom instrumentation file in your \Extensions folder.

I’ve also added a new feature request for you @nick_karnik to add your voice to our ServiceStack choir!

Hope this info is helpful as an intermediary to official support!

Please add me as a +1 to get ServiceStack integration features into your product.

no problem. I’ve added your vote! @markc

Pls add my vote for this feature request

You got it, @mahadevan.lakshminar! Thanks for pitching in! Creating a feature request for you now. :thumbsup:

A +1 from me also :slight_smile:

Done @Tom.Hall, Thanks for taking the time in writing in! :slight_smile: