New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Support for ZFS file system

newrelic-infra
infrastructure
disk

In Infrastructure, the storage module is missing all ZFS mount points + usage information.

Support of this file system would increase the value provided by Infrastructure quite a bit, because of the following 2 reasons:

• Infrastructure was promoted as the successor to the discontinued “Servers” product. “Servers” showed at least “free / used” metrics for ZFS mount points (see: Relic Solution: How the Linux Server Monitor Calculates Disk Fullness ). I’d consider this missing feature a regression in Infrastructure.

• ZFS is becoming a pretty strong contender in the linux world with the main OpenZFS project gaining a lot of traction in the recent years and Distros like Ubuntu supporting it even in the default install already.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Thanks so much for the great use case @tobivau. I added a poll to this so that others can weigh in, and we’ll be sure to share with our product team!

Not sure if any progress has been made of the decision from the product team however this would be a fantastic feature for us. We are currently unable to monitor our ZFS file-systems with new relic infrastructure and have to find other ways.

:1 from us for a feature request!

Thanks @matt.burdan - I’ll get that +1 added here internally for you.