Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Support MySqlConnector driver for DB instrumentation

mysql
feature-idea

MySqlConnector library is alternative driver for connecting to MySql DB from .NET code.
Link https://github.com/mysql-net/MySqlConnector .
We prefer it official driver because it is truly asynchronous and MySqlConnector had better support of dotnet core 2.0 when it was released.
Repository contains custom instrumentation for newrelic, but we were not able to make it work on production.

It would be great if MySqlConnector is supported by NewRelic APM in the same way as MySQL.Data is.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Integrate custom ADO.NET provider with NewRelic?

Hey @evgeniy.moroz - I just added a poll to your post for others to vote on, in addition I filed a feature request internally here on your behalf.

Let me know if there’s anything further I can do to help.

Thanks @RyanVeitch is there anything we can do to help put forward a business case to get this sorted? Also happy to provide resources to help out.

Pleas let me know!

Hey @joe.pour - Thanks for your interest in getting this feature up and running.

Our teams take a number of different factors into account when prioritising features. Adding more and more use cases can certainly help with that. It both shows demand to our teams, and also gives an indication of how best to implement this to match what you and other customers will be using this for.

If you can share your detailed use case here we can definitely get that added to the feature request we have internally with the team.