Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Support py-amqp to monitor Celery message queues

feature-request
feature-idea
python3

Please share your agent version and other relevant versions below:

Please share your question/describe your issue below. Include any screenshots that may help us understand your question:

Looking in the documentation, seems that the Python agent has a great support of Pika to monitor the message queues:
https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/python-agent/supported-features/python-message-queues

But it is only for Pika, that is not supported as a transport library for Celery brokers.

Can you support py-amqp in a similar way you support Pika?

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@GuillemBarbaTen I’ll create a feature request for adding out-of-the-box instrumentation for the celery amqp library.

In the interim, when we released the support for pika, we also released new APIs to enable customers to add message queue instrumentation for libraries we don’t support out of the box. You may be able to use these to accomplish what you want. You can find info on the new API in the API guide (check out the “Message-related calls” section).