Feature Idea: Synthetic Probes for Network Ports instead of URLs

I am exploring Synthetics features… About Monitoring Script/API, is there any method/script to Monitor Hostnames such as SSH Port instead of URLs ?
Idea would used Synthetics to Monitor our Servers probing key Operation Systems Ports such as ssh (22) port ( for Unix ) to get SLA Reports. Or something similar.
Would be very interesting see kind of SLA Report about Key OS Ports Availability/Failures/Etc.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@borgesm Appreciate the amount of thought you put into your exploration. It may be a feature but I want to get the buy-in from our support team before making that call. Thank you for your patience!

Joi

1 Like

This is a great feature request for those of us who are interested in securing traffice to our servers.

1 Like

@borgesm I confirmed with our support team that this currently a feature that is not available. I have informed our product team of your request and added a poll so that we can see how interested other community members are in this feature. Thanks for brining this up!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Joi!
Looking forward to have this feature! This will allow us have full Availability feature for Operations Systems ( and it’s key embedded OS Ports services like ssh, ftp, telnet, smtp, ldap ) as well there are for Applications using URLs.

1 Like

Additional modules have been added to the runtime that allow you to connect to TCP ports and also test more protocols. Additional details and examples are available.

3 Likes