Feature Idea: Synthetic Support for Google OAuth2?

Is there any way to complete Google’s OAuth2 flow from Synthetics?

We’ve got an endpoint that we’d like to monitor that uses Google identity to handle AuthN/Z, but I’m having difficulty getting a synthetic to talk to it.

I’ve tried following the examples in this thread (Oauth2 Synthetics API Test) but they seem to be based on a grant type of client_credentials which isn’t supported by Google.

There are some docs for Server to Server setups (https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2ServiceAccount), but I couldn’t find any supported libraries in Synthetics.

Has anyone seen this done successfully?

Edit: I’d also like to include that I’ve tried to run this through a Browser synthetic, rather than an API synthetic, but get a failure from google saying “This browser or app may not be secure”

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @mike.cox -

Our docs for Synthetics Handling of sites with Authentication does not detail Google OAuth2. So I’m assuming it won’t be easy to get working, if possible at all.

I’ll get a feature request filed internally for you on this topic. :slight_smile: