I’ve been looking around on the forum to see if anyone had previously posted about synthetic script version control. In particularly a connection to GitHub or possibly even some in-house version control functionality.
Features could include:
- Ability to select previous versions of a script.
- See the author of a specific script.
- View who last edited/updated the script.
- Visibly see the changes they have made. (Highlighted code + initials?)
- Space for posting a reason for any changes made.
- Space for comments or notes.
This level of functionality would be a great addition to the synthetic script creation process as some scripts can become longer and more complex over time.
I found this topic posted back in 2014:
I was just wondering if anything has been implemented since then?
New Relic edit
- I want this, too
- I have more info to share (reply below)
- I have a solution for this
We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.