Feature Idea: Synthetics monitor custom time

Hi There,
Is there a way to set a custom time for Synthetics check to run?
At the moment, I can only choose pre set number of times to check. Is it possible to have ability to choose specific time, day, frequency, etc
Thanks,
B

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @Bashaar.Gorgees - There may be a way, although I have not tried it. If you want the script to run between certain times, you could set a monitor downtime to cover the times that you do not want the synthetic to run and set the synthetic frequency to a large gap between runs.

Alternatively, you can add some code to check the timing and only perform actions if it is between those times. I have an API and Web synthetic template containing that workaround.

1 Like

Hey @Bashaar.Gorgees - Stefan is right, the API or Monitor Downtime is the best way to achieve this.

With that said, I can definitely get a feature idea filed for you, for that level of configurability.

2 Likes

Thank you both. I’ll give them a go.

2 Likes

Thanks! Let us know how it goes :smiley: