Feature Idea: Synthetics retain permissions

Following the announcement to deprecate the synthetics permissions in favour of RBAC here, I have discussed this with support and they requested me to raise a feature request to keep the current synthetics permissions.

We have different teams that are responsible for different services for which we have synthetics. Within those synthetic scripts we have user names and passwords for test users which the teams use to verify any script failures and analyse any production issues. These credentials are stored in the synthetics rather than stored credentials as access to stored credentials is not granular enough.

Currently I can ensure only the teams that require access to those synthetics for the services they own are only viewable and editable by them. Changing the access would mean that everyone who has access to edit a synthetic would be able to edit any script and take the credentials.

Having the tri-state of no access, read only and edit is too much for a large corporate where sensitive information has to be restricted to those that require it for their roles. This is especially the case for those of us under regulatory control.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that here @stefan_garnham - I’ll get this sent up to the Synthetics product team :smiley:

This has been raised to the Synthetics product team by the support team :wink:

1 Like

Oh well… now the team have two feature requests :joy:

1 Like