Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Synthetics script validation through API

feature-request
synthetics

We were trying to automate our synthetics scripts update within our projects and was wondering if there is anyway we can validate our synthetics script through the api. We are current following the following documentation (Update monitor script) for updating our synthetics script:

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/apis/synthetics-rest-api/monitor-examples/manage-synthetics-monitors-rest-api#scripted-api-monitors-api

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @alfred.choi - That is a good question. I would expect the validation method would take the script and locations and return the success or failure. How would you see it working?

Hey @stefan_garnham ,

Thanks for the reply. Ideally we would like to have the update method run the validation against the script and return an error if it did not validate successfully. Another option might be to create a separate route to call to validate your script and return 200 or 400 depending if the validation succeeds or fails. But I think the first option would be cleaner and would ensure that all scripts are valid when updating.

Thanks,

Alfred

At some point @hross or @Linds will convert this to a feature request poll.

Annnnnd… now it’s a feature idea. Please vote away! And share any other implementation details that you want to see.

Hey @hross,

Was wondering if there is any activity on this proposal. We would like to automate our build process with this feature and be able to keep a copy of the script in source control.

Thanks!

Alfred

Not yet! But we will let you all know when we hear something.

Hey Everyone!
I wanted to know if this feature is already in place and if so, can someone please forward the documentation for the same.
@hross @alfred.choi

Thanks in advance!
Paridhi Agrawal

Not yet @paridhi.agrawal - I’ll get your +1 added to this though.