Close icon

Feature Idea: Synthetics Scripted Browser Monitors

feature-request
browser
synthetics
feature-idea
scriptedbrowser

Hello,

Do you have any update on Synthetics Scripted Browser Monitors with different browsers? I see on another post it was added to the feature request. Do you have an ETA? Here is the original post . We need to be able to test with different browsers like Firefox, IE and Safari.

Thanks, David

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@David.Margot

That is still a feature request for now. I’ve converted your post into a poll for others on the community to weigh in & add their support for this feature.

I’ve also sent up a feature request internally to the Synthetics development team.

You can send a custom header with all scripted browser checks to set a custom user-agent, that you can set to the user-agent of your preferred browser. Note that while this will change the user-agent sent by the browser running the checks, the checks will still be run in a Chrome environment.