New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Tags in custom metrics

feature-idea

Like in custom events, is it possible to add tags in custom metrics while pushing them to newrelic.
I am using go agent -
““app.RecordCustomMetric(
“CustomMetricName”,
);””
So, along with it can i add another field for tags, so that i can segregate the metrics in the UI according to tags.?

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Custom Metrics - set an additional property on custom metric

This is not currently possible in the way you are describing, @devashish.khandelwal. I have moved your post into our Feature Ideas category so that others can vote on seeing this in the future. Also, if anyone has a workaround they will be able to share it below! Thanks for letting us know how this would make New Relic even better for you and your team. Let me know if you need anything else, and also feel free to add more context to your use case! :blush:

I wanted to segregate the metrics on the basis of some tags say hostname, stackname etc.
I was about to move from Datadog to Newrelic, but because of this problem, i couldn’t

Hey @devashish.khandelwal - sorry to hear we couldn’t meet your needs this time! This feature idea is definitely with the right people - so hopefully in the future New Relic can help you accomplish your goals. Feel free to continue to watch this thread - we’ll be sure to keep you updated here on the status of this feature idea.