Feature Idea: Timezone configurable per dashboard?

Question regarding time zones in dashboards.

I know it’s possible to set time zone on a user level, in the user settings.
That’s all good, but I would like to use different time zones for different dashboards.

Let’s say dashboard A contains metrics for things happening in Singapore.
Dashboard B has exactly the same charts etc but for things happening in western US/Pacific.----------
New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

I’d like to force different time zones to be used in those two dashboards.

Feels like I am missing something obvious here, but I can’t find a way to do this, at least not via the UI.
I could of course modify the timestamps before sending them to NR, but that would be… ugly.

Hi @mountaindude - You can force the time zone in the NQL queries by using WITH TIMEZONE. I don’t think that this is highly visible for the users when viewing the dashboard though.

I know, but that’s not quite what I want. Or I misunderstand it.

When using WITH TIMEZONE it seems that the querying of the underlying data is done using the specified timezone. But the chart then shows the data in UTC (or whatever is set in user settings).
At least that’s my conclusion from testing various scenarios.
But I’d love to be proven wrong…

Hi @mountaindude

I hope you are well, congrats on your first post in the community!

Thanks for reaching out here, with such a great question. To make sure I follow what you are asking, you basically want to have dashboards pre-set to show data in different timezones.

If my understanding is correct this would currently not be possible to execute, however it sounds like a handy idea. Which if you like I can create a feature idea request.

Feature idea requests are not guaranteed to be put in place, but if they gain enough interest etc it may be possible the New Relic team can eventually put it into place.

If my understanding is correct please let me know, and should you wish me to continue with the feature idea request please let me know!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Yes you got the gist of it.
Please create a feature idea request - maybe it will then happen one day… :slight_smile:

HI @mountaindude

I have gone ahead and created the feature request idea on your behalf. Please note I will post you on any updates I receive here.