Feature Idea: Trigger error for % of errors and number of users

Hi,

i am trying to create an error policy that would trigger when the errors reach a certain % of errors but also only if the number of users is larger than X (i.e 5).

the reason that we need this is that we are working on a mobile app and we have an known error that we are working on that is only triggered for 1 or 2 users at a time and we want to limit the amount of noise it generates

this is what i came up with just for capturing that data, but i was unable to use it in the alert policy because i am querying multiple columns.

SELECT percentage(count(*), WHERE errorType is not null) as 'Errors %', filter(uniqueCount(userUUID), WHERE errorType is not null) as 'number of affected users' FROM MobileRequestError, MobileRequest WHERE appName = 'iOS' SINCE 30 minutes ago TIMESERIES 1 minutes

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@sorlanczyk Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

The ability to setup conditions that require two or more discrete thresholds to be met before opening a violation is currently not available. I can however create a feature idea for your use case so that our product team can review and consider for future releases.

A workaround would be to do offline aggregation and send a custom event up to NR with just a boolean value, telling an alert condition to open a violation or close it. Example of the method can be found in this post although it is a different use case:

1 Like