New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Unable to query all my events

feature-idea

I am using NRQL to query my events within a time range. My query looks like select (a, b, c) from table where (c in (‘1’, ‘2’)) since time1 until time2 limit 1000. When I change the query to (c in (‘1’)) I get 500 events, and when I do (c in (‘2’)) I get 900 events. When I combine both (c in (‘1’, ‘2’)) I get 1000 events, which is correct since the total number of records 1400 is greater than the limit. When I use the time-stamp of the most recent event (events are returned ordered by time-stamp descending) as my starting time (since parameter), I expect to get the remaining 400 events. However, I am getting only a few more events. With this limitation, I am unable to get all my events.
A workaround is to make two separate queries c=‘1’ and c=‘2’. It just happens to be less efficient for my use case.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Feature Idea: Remove 1000 limitation for Insight NRQL results

Hi @alex.tulikumwenayo - If you have access, you could use the Insights API to pull the data out. The API’s allow you to page through the data to retrieve it all.

@stefan_garnham - can you point me to the documentation of Insights API pagination feature? All the docs I have gone through do not mention pagination.

Ah, you are correct as there is no pagination. I was mistaken in my understanding.

I’d like to request this feature in Insights API. Like New Relic API returns a ‘Link’ header to allow users to query the next set of results, Insights API could do the same.

I have added a poll above, @alex.tulikumwenayo so we can start collecting votes around this. Thanks for letting us know how this feature will help you and your team. :blush: