Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Using Insights to filter AWS resources based on AWS tags

nrql
insights
aws
feature-idea

We are looking to use New Relic in our AWS infrastructure but it doesn’t look like there is a way to filter hosts based on a predefined tag that is attached to all of our AWS resources, only certain things such as EC2 instances through the Infrastructure portal.

For example, we have the tag ‘app’ on all of our resources but when filtering ELBs or EBS volumes with NRQL we have to rely on displayName LIKE "%x%" which in the case of ELBs and EBS volumes it does not always translate directly to something we know unlike the tags that we specify.

I was unable to find this in the NRQL documentation or the AWS integration docs, did I miss something or is this not supported?

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @Cody.S! You didn’t miss anything—what you are describing isn’t supported at this time. I have created a poll on this idea so that we can collect votes and interest around it for our Product Managers. Thanks! And be sure to vote above! :white_check_mark:

I think this can be closed as this is now supported.

You’re right - AWS integrations bring in AWS Tags with them, so this should be doable now :smiley: Thanks for posting here