Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Variables in Dashboard Queries

feature-request
dashboard
nrql
insights
feature-idea

It would be really useful if we could use variables in NRQL queries on insights dashboards, that could then be set in the dashboard to modify all of the queries used on that dashboard. For example, a query could look something like this

select * from Table where someField = $variableA

And then have a text field on the dashboard where $variableA can be defined. Similar to the filter feature in dashboards, except something that can be used for more than just blanket filtering.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @James.Brumond - that sounds like a great idea :smiley: I’ll get this added on our side and I’ll add a poll here too for others to have their say.

This would be a huge win for my organization. We create dashes for customer health monitoring based on their org hash. I sometimes have 20 charts for an org dashboard and I currently dupe a dash and then go in and manually edit each chart with the new orgID to make it work for another customer.

Please add a variable option!!! That would be stellar!

Thanks for your input @cary.fehlinger - I’ll get your use case added to our feature request internally :smiley:

Any update on this? This will be great for creating dynamic dashboards.

@gaurav.verma2 -

No update right now - I’ll get your +1 added here though